syntax highlight

Friday 23 July 2010

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (Opera)

I hate ubuntu, but I hate windows the most. I hate firefox, but internet explorer makes me want to vomit. I don't like gnome, but kde is uglier. But I love Opera. Well, loved it, I guess version 10.60 will be my last version.

It's been a loyal application which I've been using since its 6.x version. Always fast, with all the functionality I needed (some more too) and none of the bloated BS needed to make FF be a usable (though ugly) browser. It had it's ussual screw-ups, everyone does, but after I updated to version 10.60 it has become unusable.

Its new features include random crashe, making gmail work really slow (or not at all: the fucking scrollbar won't work anymore, and keyboard shortcuts in google reader (j & k, next & prev) are foobar'd. Scrolling on a large webpage eats 100% cpu, the upgrade fucked up my nice dark theme (and changed it back to a hellish abomination which seems to be a time-traveller from 1998), and it has random stupid bugs. And I mean STUPID, like, double click a word and the popup menu won't go away.

Fuck. I always liked you Opera, but it seems it may be time to give chrome a chance.

1 comment:

  1. [...] current email count. It works on Opera but it makes it crash. Most likely the script is not the one to blame [...]

    ReplyDelete